Long term and short term in-person Rotary Youth Exchange’s are currently on hold globally due to the global covid-19 pandemic.
A typical long term exchange calendar is:
- Applications close in March of the year preceding the following exchange year. Check the application page or social media for specific dates.
- Interviews are undertaken in April and May.
- Students are selected by June.
- The first orientation camp takes place in the September school holidays
- The second orientation camp takes place in December prior to departure.
- Students generally depart and return in mid-January.
A typical short term (STEP) exchange calendar is:
- September: Applications open.
- September – early October: Clubs conduct local interviews of STEP applicants.
- October – November: Direct successful applicants to complete their STEP application.
- December 31: Deadline for completion of signed forms and payment of the application fee to the associated STEP Coordinator. Applications received after this date will be returned.
- January: Club YEO and Youth Exchange Committee to assist families in preparing for exchange.
- February – June: exchanges take place. YEO and STEP committee monitor progress and success of exchange and invite outgoing and incoming students to Club meetings and possibly to make presentations. Resolve problems as they arise.
- Virtual exchange programs commence with different countries at different times throughout the year. Contact us at any time to find out when the next virtual exchange is commencing.
- Virtual exchanges generally last from 8-12 weeks depending on the host country.
To be kept informed about program dates, news, events and upcoming information evenings, join our mailing list.